CCC Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Cycling safety  

Frentis
(@frentis)

Is it safe to cycle in London with all the busses?

4 Replies
Tagrider
(@tagrider)

Yes but if your not feeling confident then take a cycling course or practice in your local town first. Cycling in London is about confidence, awareness and experience.

Nadjie Butler
(@nadjie)

Hi @Frentis, London has become a much safer place to travel with the investment in new infrastructure which has made cycling and other forms of active travel so much safer.

As @Tagrider has said, you can build your confidence by making use of cycle training initiatives to build your confidence.  Which borough do you live in as most local authorities are providing cycle training ?

robm
 robm
(@robm)

Is cycle training now free with BJs new schemes?

Nadjie Butler
(@nadjie)

Hi Rob.  The type of cycle training offerings (free or otherwise) are dependent on your local borough and what funding they have obtained from the Government's Emergency Active Travel Fund. If you go to their webpage and type in cycling.  You should get a list of cycling offerings similar to this link for Redbridge.  If you can't find details, let me know what borough you are in and I will see if I can help.  https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/roads-and-pavements/cycling

Share: